The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded nutrition program through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Services (FNS).
The program purpose is to ensure that nutritious meals and snacks are served to eligible children and adults in qualifying care facilities.
CACFP provides reimbursement for nutritious meals and snacks served to:
- infants and children in approved child care centers
- infants and children in sponsored family day care homes
- Maine family day care homes Sponsor List
- children through the age of 18 in emergency shelters and eligible at-risk afterschool care programs
- adults receiving care in nonresidential adult day care centers
State agencies are responsible for administering the program and for providing assistance to institutions. In Maine, the CACFP is administered by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
For more information on the Child and Adult Care Food Program, please contact us at (207) 645-3764 or 1-800-645-9636.